2009 LTN Awards: Craig Ball Named Consultant of the Year
Envelope Please: I am delighted to announce the recipients of the juried 2009 LTN Awards (The vendor award winners will be announced separately in the near future).
Before we open the envelope, a round of applause please for our jury: Andrew Adkins III (Levin College of Law, University of Florida), Fredric Lederer (William and Mary Law School), and David Whelan (Law Society of Upper Canada).
The winners are:
• IT Director of the Year: Steve Fletcher (Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein).
• Champion of Technology: Tom Baldwin (Reed Smith).
• Most Innovative Use of Technology by a Law Firm: Tom Baldwin (Reed Smith) (First time we've ever had one firm/individual win in two categories -- the judges were impressed!).
• Most Innovative Use of Technology by an In-House Legal Department: Chad Anson (Dell).
• Most Innovative Use of Technology During a Trial: Khmer Rouge Trial Team (Cambodia Tribunal);
• Most Innovative Use of Technology For a Pro Bono Project: Lynn Burns (Pro Bono Law Ontario).
• Consultant of the Year: Craig Ball.
And I have selected the inaugural winners of the LTN Lifetime Achievement Award: John Alber (Bryan Cave), Thomas Burke (World Software), and M. Thomas Collins (formerly of Juris).
Congratulations to the winners! Watch for more coverage in the February and March editions of Law Technology News, and on our newly upgraded website.